So Christmas is almost upon us, but when advent is over... don't throw away the plastic mould from inside your advent calendar! It is the perfect vessel and excuse for making gummy sweets (not that anyone should need an excuse!). The best part? They couldn't be easier to make and would be an excellent stocking filler/Christmas day treat - if you're willing to share, that is!!
Here's how it's done:
Mould from advent calendar (or similar)
50g of your favourite flavour jelly powder
6 sachets of powdered gelatin
100ml cold water (if you're feeling creative, try substituting for a fizzy drink or vodka)
1. Mix all ingredients in a small pan, until the mixture is the consistency of a very thick gravy. If your mixture to too dry, don't be afraid to add a couple of drops of water.
2. Heat slowly on the hob until the gelatine dissolved and the mixture becomes smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into your moulds, don't worry if they seem a little frothy. Leave to stand for 5 minutes then put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the freezer and take the sweets from the moulds. The sweets should be very firm, so don't worry if they take a little force to remove from the moulds.
5. Stuff your face, and the faces of others, with your delicious creations!