For the cake:
55g butter (unsalted, at room temperature)
55g caster sugar
55g self-raising flour
1 carrot (peeled, grated)
1 tsp cinnamon
For the buttercream frosting:
225g cream cheese
450g icing sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
walnut halves for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mix the butter and sugar, then add the flour, carrot, cinnamon and egg. Stir until the mixture is even.
3. Cook for 15 minutes, then check every 5 minutes to see if its cooked. (If it's cooked, you'll be able to put a knife into the cake, and it will come out clean.)
4. Leave the cake to cool.
5. For the icing, mix the butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
6. Add the sugar and vanilla extract, mix well.
7. Once the cake is cool, spread the icing over the cake, sprinkle walnuts and enjoy!